The G86 cycle is intended for boring. This cycle uses a P number for the number of seconds to dwell. Program
G86 X… Y… Z… A… B… C… R… L… P…
0. Preliminary motion, as described above.
1. Move the Z-axis only at the current feed rate to the Z position.
2. Dwell for the P number of seconds.
3. Stop the spindle turning.
4. Retract the Z-axis at traverse rate to clear Z.
5. Restart the spindle in the direction it was going.
The spindle must be turning before this cycle is used. It is an error if:
• the spindle is not turning before this cycle is executed.